Thursday 1 March 2018

Waterfront watercolour wonder!

This is one of the sets that is creating the most buzz on the demonstrator Facebook pages - this set is gorgeous, and allows us to create scenes that look like beautiful watercolours, however it says much more about the stamp than it does about my prowess with watercolours!



This is a very simple card indeed - some layers, one stamp set, four inks and you're done.  I chose a card base of Old Olive, then a layer of Crumb Cake. I used Very Vanilla cardstock for the front of the card.  Sometimes I just like the slightly softer look of Very Vanilla over Whisper White.  I love that we have Very Vanilla envelopes as well.

Do you use the Stampin' Up! envelopes?  They are the nicest envelopes around!  They are awesome for stamping on, so you can carry your theme through onto the envelope. They are a great weight, not a flimsy envelope, and they add a very classy touch.

Back to the card!  First I stamped the hills with Crumb Cake ink, then I did the ground with Old Olive. The trees are stamped in Old Olive as well. The trees come on one stamp, so you don't have to worry about placement of those. The then dark water is stamped in Island Indigo, and the lighter water is in Island Indigo stamped off once.

Lastly I added the sentiment - stamped in Night of Navy.  Again, I like this softer look sometimes over a black sentiment.

On the inside of the card I stamped the 'rest' of the sentiment - the front says 'Friends make the good times better' and the inside says '& the hard times easier'.  Perfect to give a good friend who's been there for you in thick and thin.



If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of the items I've used to make this card, click on the pictures below and you'll be taken straight to my online shop.  From there, feel free to browse and buy to your hearts content!

There is also an amazing special on at the moment, to join Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator, with no obligation, no commitment, but lots of free goodies! Through until 31 March, you pay $185 and you'll pick $285 worth of product from either the Occasions or the Annual Catalogues.  You get to pick entirely what you want - the only restriction is no Sale-a-bration free products. You get around $90 worth of business products absolutely free, and you also get to choose 2 free stamp sets.  That can be up to $400 worth of free product! On top of that (as if that wasn't enough!), anything you buy through until the end of June is at 20% off.  And there's no commitment.  You can drop as a demonstrator any time you like, and you get to keep everything!  if you'd like to chat with me about it, email me on stamps.andrea@gmail.com, and I'll give you my phone number.  I have a small (but growing) team of demonstrators. My team is the Absolutely Awesome Crafters, and we are all awesome! I'd love for you to join us, but you can only join this team if you live in New Zealand (the dollar values I've given are also only relevant for New Zealand).

I hope you have a lovely weekend planned - full of activity and friends if that's the way you like it, or quiet and peaceful if that's the way you like it. Either way, I hope you get some crafting time too!

Take care,
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig