Saturday 10 March 2018

Bubbles and Fizz

Today's blog is a Challenge entry - I've made a card that is from a sketch from 'Freshly Made Sketches'.  I love seeing a sketch and then looking at how everyone interprets it differently!  This is the sketch:
Check out the entries so far by clicking on 'Freshly Made Sketches' - people are very creative! And I love all the different styles - there's something for everyone!

Here's my version of this card

In case you hadn't noticed, my style is kind of 'less is more'! 

For this card I started off with Tranquil Tide as a card base, cut to the standard New Zealand card size.

I then broke into my Bubbles and Fizz paper - this is one of the Sale-a-bration FREE items when you spend $110 or more from either catalogue.  I love the fresh, bright colours of it, and even though I don't have the rest of the suite (yet!), I love that this paper can be used without it. 

I cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock carefully on the same angle as I had cut the Designer Series Paper, and stamped the sentiment onto it in Calypso Coral ink.  The sentiment comes from the stamp set Birthday Wishes for You.  I was given this set recently (how lucky am I?) and I've had a lot of fun making numerous cards with it.  You'll see more of this over the next few days, that's for sure!

I then cut a length of ribbon from the Shimmer Ribbon Combo pack that is also a Sale-a-bration FREE item - gently shimmery, it looks just gorgeous against the Tranquil Tide.

To finish this card off I used three of the smallest Basic Pearl Jewels and carefully put them on the same angle as the rest of the card has.

All of my products that I've listed here are from Stampin' Up!  If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of them, just click on the pictures of the products below, and you'll be taken to my online shop.

There's a fantastic joining special at the moment (until 31 March), where you get nearly $400 worth of free product if you join up with Stampin' Up! for $189.  If you're interested in hearing more, email me on stamps.andrea@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to talk to you about it.


So today's card really is that simple - I love the clean lines and although it's not the same as the sketch, I think it's 'in the spirit' of the sketch!

Take care,
Andrea


Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig