Friday 16 March 2018

Stamps Ink Paper challenge - You are Amazing!

Today I'm entering the challenge set by Stamps Ink Paper - it's a sketch challenge, and here's the sketch that we were asked to follow. If you click on the sketch, you'll be taken straight to their website. 

I took a bit of poetic licence, and came up with these cards - they are actually the cards I taught at card class earlier this week!  I wasn't sure which colour I liked the best, so I made them in every colour within the Colour Theory Designer Series Paper pack


So I used the colours to inspire me, and I saw a similar card on Pinterest that I also took inspiration from - thank you stampingwithkristi.com!

I'll put all the measurements below, but here's basically what I did:

I started with a card base (Dapper Denim, or Crushed Curry, or Berry Burst, or Old Olive).  From now on I'll only refer to the Dapper Denim one.

Then I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock and embossed it using the Softly Falling embossing folder.  I then cut two pieces of the Colour Theory paper - trick for young players - make sure when you're planning to use the Banner Triple Punch, you check how wide the widest piece of paper that fits through the punch is, and don't make your paper any wider! The class participants were very gracious, and cut the banner on the larger one by hand.  The smaller paper fit just fine.

Next I cut a piece of Denim Dapper cardstock with one of the scalloped squares from the Layering Squares set. I used a slightly smaller square of Whisper White to stamp the sentiment on.  Next I used the 'amazing' die out of the 'Celebrate You' thinlit dies, and cut the word from Dapper Denim again.  I adhered the word to the card using Liquid Multipurpose glue (very sparingly).

I stamped the flowers on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, and coloured them using the Crushed Curry light and dark Blends.  The second flower I cut only the inside of it, and massaged it to stand up slightly.  I used a dimensional to adhere it to the card.

Lastly I used some of the Glitter Dots on the card - these (helpfully) come in the same colours as the Colour Theory Designer Series Paper does!

Measurements
Cardstock
Dapper Denim Cardfront - 14.9cm x 10.5cm
Whisper White card to emboss - 14.4cm x 10cm
Whisper White card to stamp the flowers on - 8cm x 5cm
Whisper White card to stamp the sentiment on - 6cm x 6cm
Dapper Denim card for cutting 'amazing' out of - 9.8cm x 5cm
Dapper Denim card for cutting the scalloped card out of - 7cm x 7cm

Designer Series Paper
Main colour - 6cm x 9.5cm (although I would cut slightly narrower if I did it again, to fit in the Triple Banner Punch!)
Minor colour - 4.5cm x 8cm

If you'd like to purchase any of the items I've used today, please click on the product pictures below, and you'll be taken straight to my online store.

There's only 15 days of Sale-a-bration left, so if you'd like to learn how to get nearly $400 worth of free product, contact me today by email and we'll chat about it.

Thanks for reading my blog - make sure you go to the Stamps Ink Paper website and vote for me!

Take care,
Andrea


Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig