Sunday 18 March 2018

My first Springtime Foils play today

Well, I've heard about it being a really fun technique, and I've seen it done in You Tube videos - now it's my turn to play with the Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper.

These are the two cards I made - one with the stripes horizontal, and one vertical.  Which do you prefer?



I coloured the Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper (I'll show you how shortly), and decided to make some masculine birthday cards.  My one regret was that I shouldn't have used the same colour ink on the paper as the card is made out of, as it blends in and doesn't showcase the paper.  We live and learn though!

I'll put all the measurements below, but essentially I used Crumb Cake cardstock as a card base, I then cut a piece of the Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper and coloured it (wait for it...).  I stamped the sentiment (from Birthday Wishes for You) in Soft Suede ink on another piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.

I cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock to act as a mat to the sentiment.  Before I put it all together, I took the background 'bits' stamp from the Party Panda stamp set, and stamped them over the card with Soft Suede ink.

And how did I colour the paper?


As you can see in the first photo, the paper started out white and silver.  I then swiped the ink pad directly over it, leaving a weird kind of ink pattern on it.  Don't stress that it's not even, or that you've got ink all over your grid paper (definitely a card to do at the end of a class, not the beginning!). Quickly, before the ink dries, use a kitchen towel to rub all over the piece of paper.  This both spreads the ink evenly over the surface of the card, and removes the ink from the silver.

Measurements
Cardstock
Crumb Cake for card front - 21cm x 14.9cm scored at 10.5cm and folded in half
Early Espresso for sentiment mat - 10.5cm x 6.5cm
Crumb Cake for sentiment - 10cm x 6cm

Designer Series Paper
Springtime Foils - 6cm x 10cm

You too can make this card - try it in different colours to switch it up a bit.  If you'd like to buy any of the products to make this card, click on the photos below and you'll go straight to my online shop.  Spend $110 or more and you can choose free product from the Sale-a-bration catalogue - only 13 more days of Sale-a-bration left!

If you're thinking of signing up as a demonstrator, you only have 13 days to do it and get the amazing special - nearly $400 worth of free product including some business supplies - and No Obligation to continue as a demonstrator if you don't want to.  Go on - you'll love it!

Take care, and have a good week
Andrea




Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig