Saturday 30 May 2020

Social Stamping - Heartfelt Hearts



Thank you for joining my blog!  I've joined in with the lovely Kelly Kent's Social Stamping Blog Hop. The theme this week is 'Hearts' and I've had a lot of fun with this card



For this card I've used two of the new 2020-2022 In Colours - the yellow colour is Bumble Bee, and the brown colour is Cinnamon Cider.

I used the stamp set Heartfelt to stamp the hearts, and then the even sided Heart Punch from the Heart Punch Pack.  I do like punches - they are quick and easy - and I love getting two in a pack!

I used metallic thread as the ribbons on the heart balloons, but as a single thread it wasn't obvious enough, so I plaited (braided for those who don't know the word plait) three threads for each ribbon.  It took a while, but I prefer the look.

Next I completed the sentiment - this stamp comes with the words on top of each other, but I wanted them across the card front.  Using masking I managed to stamp it out in a row.  I then heat embossed with silver embossing powder.

I fussy cut the sentiment, and then fussy cut some of the Bumble Bee paper from the In Colour Designer Series Paper pack.

I had to buy this stamp set when I saw this particular sentiment - Love You Lots.  My children and I say it to each other a lot, so I foresee plenty of cards in our future using this sentiment.  I'm thrilled it's in the Annual Catalogue, so I've got it for another whole year!

Time to move on...please click on the 'Next' button to move to Andrea Sargent, (it's double the fun with two Andreas!) who has created a fabulous card for you.


To go to the Host Blog to see all the participants, please click here


Product List
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Such a fun idea to make the hearts into balloons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, it was actually my husband's idea!

      Delete
  2. Great card Andrea - the hearts are balloons add such a fun element! Isn't it great when something you own gets another year in the catalogue! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of patience to have plaited the 'strings' Andrea! I like being able to change the layout of a greeting with masking too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the balloon heart idea! Such a cool way to incorporate the theme. And the greeting stamped into a row is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Andrea, I love your heart balloons and the plaited metallic thread looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Andrea. Love your creativity to use hearts as balloons and combining them with two of the new In Colours. Gorgeous. (Great name! I hardly meet any other Andrea's. We are special.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute balloons Andrea the whole card is great X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun card that really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig