Monday 11 May 2020

Timeless Tulip Sketch Challenge

Today's card is inspired by a sketch challenge.  This is my entry:


The challenge comes from Freshly Made Sketches, and this is the sketch they gave us to work with this week.


My card is a direct replica of the sketch.  I used the Basket Weave Embossing Folder on the Daffodil Delight Card Stock, and I used the Stitched Rectangles to cut out the tulip.  The tulip is from Timeless Tulips and I did something slightly different with colouring the tulip - something I saw Creating with Allie use on her blog.

You start by inking up the stamp in your lighter colour (Daffodil Delight in my example), then using a sponge or dauber, gently cover the lower part of the stamp in the darker ink (I used Real Red).  When you stamp you get this gorgeous two toned effect.  I hadn't seen it done before, and I think it looks great!

The leaves and stem of the tulip are stamped in Garden Green ink, and that is all there is to it - I did use dimensionals for the tulip.

Feel free to click here and go to the challenge, then you can see the next blog.

The products I've used are listed below.




Product List
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lovely coloring on your tulip! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and such a beautifully colored tulip! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig