Friday 23 March 2018

Tranquil Tulips took my fancy this afternoon - #FMS329

Tonight I'm entering my card into a sketch challenge - Freshly Made Sketches.  They put up a weekly sketch, and this on (#FMS329) is a good one!  Here's the sketch:

I find these sort of challenges great, as they give me heaps of scope to create, while also giving me an idea.  It's all very well to CASE people (Copy and Share Everything), however it's also good to create by yourself.  Having said that (!), this card was inspired by Mary Anne Cowan.  Here's my version of it:

I've had this set for a while (Tranquil Tulips), and it's the first time I've played with it. I pretty much like everything on this card.  The Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist go together so well, it's like they were made for each other!  

Measurements will be towards the end of the post, but I started with a Berry Burst card front, and made a mat of Lemon Lime Twist.  I then left a larger mat and used another piece of Berry Burst card, and I finished up with a piece of Whisper White card on the very front.

Next I started stamping - the stamps are made with that water colour look - I didn't do anything fancy with them at all.  The tulip flowers are a two set stamp, and I think they look amazing together.  I love the detail as well - with the little stamens there to really make it look real.

Once I had done all the stamping (using Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst inks, I stamped the Sentiment (from Daisy Delight stamp set) in Memento ink, and then adhered the Lemon Lime mini striped ribbon. The bow didn't take me too long to make - I think I'm improving!

That was all I did - no embellishments apart from the ribbon - I think it's enough as it is, and I think the simplicity of it is a major contributor to it's beauty.

Measurements
Cardstock
Berry Burst card front 14.9cm x 10.5 cm
Lemon Lime Twist cardstock 14.4cm x 10cm
Berry Burst cardstock 13.4cm x 9cm
Whisper White cardstock 12.9cm x 8.5cm

Ribbon 
I cut only enough to wrap across the front of the card, then some more to make the bow. 

How's that for a lovely but relatively quick card? Pretty simple, but still think how nice it would be to have that turn up in your mailbox one afternoon.

If you live in New Zealand, and you would like to purchase anything I've used here today, please click on the pictures below and you'll be taken straight to my online shop.

I hope your day is calm, and kind to you. My husband and children are away on a Scout camp this weekend, so I'm by myself!  I'm going to try to get ahead with my upcoming classes, and my creating. Good luck to me!

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig