Sunday 4 March 2018

Hope Your Day is Magical

This is actually a card I shared as part of a team swap my upline ran.  She gave us some goodies that we had to turn into a project.  It's a great way to get people creating, and also to perhaps have them play with things they may not have purchased yet.



There is actually very little on this card that is from the challenge - so you could probably argue I didn't do very well at the challenge!  However, I love the way that we can be creative and come up with a whole project from a sliver of paper or a shredded piece of paper.

I have only recently discovered the delights of the Picture Perfect Party paper - that's the paper that has the pictures of the donuts on, and also the reverse of one of the difference pieces I have used as the background paper. It's the reverse of another sheet that you can see peeking out from behind the Berry Burst square of set behind the donut.

So first up I used Berry Burst cardstock as the base.  I actually cut my base the other way, so it's a card that opens from the bottom, even though it is in the portrait orientation. I don't do cards very often this way, so it felt a little bit special.  I use a piece of card that is 10.5cm x 29.8cm (in New Zealand it's half of an A4 piece of card, cut lengthwise at 10.5cm then scored at 14.9cm.

I then used a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I cut 0.5cm smaller on both sides, and used this as a mat.  I cut a piece of the green paper 0.5cm smaller on both sides than the Whisper White cardstock. 

Next I cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock which I ran through the Big Shot with one of the Layering Square scalloped edged squares - I love that it cuts a piece of card in accurately in just a second!  I had a circle of paper as part of the challenge which I cut into 4, and placed them behind the Berry Burst cardstock.  I actually found this easiest to do by just sticking them directly on to the back of the cardstock, otherwise I couldn't get my positioning how I wanted it.

I cut out a single donut from the Picture Perfect Party Paper, then that part was all ready to just be put together with SNAIL adhesive.

I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock in Night of Navy ink, then cut it out in a different shape from what I've used before.  I cut the same shape out in Berry Burst Cardstock but slightly larger to provide a mat effect.

And I was done!  It didn't take me long, but I know the recipient will be happy to receive it. Don't you love getting a homemade card from someone?  It's always lovely to get a card rather than a bill in the mail!

If you'd like to buy any of these products from me, and you live in New Zealand, please click on the picture below and you'll be taken straight to my online shop.  There, you can purchase to your hearts content!

If you'd like to join my gently growing team of Absolutely Awesome Crafters, I'd love to speak with you about it.  There's an amazing joining special until 31 March, and you can get nearly $400 free product!

I hope you had a nice weekend, and that this week goes smoothly for you.

Take care,
Andrea



Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig