Friday 9 March 2018

Spring has sprung!

Truth be told, I'm in New Zealand, and we're heading rapidly into Autumn.  I know that everyone on the other side of the globe from me is indeed heading into spring.  I'm also entering The Paper Players challenge - and this week's challenge is Spring!


I bought this stamp set when the Annual Catalogue came out last year, and I haven't even used it yet, I'm ashamed to say.  As an aside, I saw this lovely post on Facebook the other day that said 'I believe that purchasing crafting items and using them are two different hobbies'.  So clearly I don't have this to myself!

Back to the topic - I used the lovely set Background Bits to make this card. This is a Host set, but I absolutely love it.  In New Zealand, that means you need to have an order of (or a combined party order of $300 or more) before you can buy it. It's worth it though!


See why I love it so much?
I think this makes a perfect thank you card - gorgeous, but not too formal.

I started with a Berry Burst card, the front of which measures 14.9cm x 10.5cm.  I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, which measures 14.4cm x 10cm.

I inked up the stamp for the bottom of the card with Chocolate Chip ink - this is made to look like cursive writing.  It's a little small for my eyes - of course it may be cursive writing!

There are several flower stamps that come with this set, and the one I used above I stamped 3 times to cover the width of the card.  I coloured the stalks and leaves with the Emerald Envy Marker (not a Blend), and I coloured the flowers with the Berry Burst Marker.  Once I had done that, I 'huffed' on the ink to re-wet it, and then stamped it.  I made 4 of these cards as I'm going to give them to my mother-in-law as part of her birthday gift, and I have to confess that it did take a while, having to colour the stamps in 3 times for each card.  Lucky I was enjoying myself!

After doing that I cut a length of the grey ribbon from the Sale-a-bration Shimmer Riboon combo pack.  I put SNAIL adhesive on each end, and a 'swipe' in the middle, then placed it across the front, and wrapped it around the Very Vanilla cardstock.

I used Emerald Envy ink to stamp the 'thank you' on (don't you love that font!), and I used SNAIL to adhere the now beautifully decorated Very Vanilla cardstock to the front of the card. I popped three of the smallest Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the centre of some of the flowers, and my card was complete.

An interesting note - I chose to use the Very Vanilla cardstock and the Chocolate Chip ink rather than White and Black because I wanted a softer feel to this card.  I also associate the Very Vanilla with a more 'antique' look, which I thought matched the fonts and the look of the stamps.

If you live in the greater Christchurch, New Zealand area and would like to host a party, please contact me via the comments and I'll be in touch.

If you live in New Zealand, and would like to order any of the products I used to make this card, please click on the pictures at the end of this post, and you'll be taken straight to my on-line shop.  There you can shop to your hearts content!

If you live in New Zealand, and would like to get around $400 worth of free product, again, comment on this post and I'll be in touch.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog - remember comments are like giving a blogger a hug!

Take care,
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig