Monday 12 March 2018

Blends lifts things from lovely to amazing!


Today's card comes to you after some trials and tribulations.  I'm sure I've seen people use the Blends on Vellum - well, I couldn't make it work at all! I'm not giving up though - You Tube here I come!

Here's what I did come up with:



















Both cards are made from Tranquil Tide cardstock.  I've cut a piece of Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper 5mm smaller all around than the cardstock, and then adhered it to the Tranquil Tide. The paper is a free Sale-a-bration paper that is available when you spend $110 on Stampin' Up! product. 

I then stamped the sentiment from the set Birthday Wishes For You - that provides the outline of the word 'Birthday'.  I used Whisper White cardstock for this. Don't you just love the font?  I elected to stamp it in Calypso Coral as that is one of the colours that coordinates so well withd the Bubbles and Fizz paper

Next I coloured the bottom of the word 'Birthday' with the dark Calypso Coral Blend pen, and then used the light Calypso Coral Blend to colour the top.  I still need to spend more time practicing with the Blends, but I think this looks lovely.  

Then I adhered the Whisper White cardstock across the card front, and there you have it - a gorgeous card nearly complete!  To finish I placed 3 small pearls on the top right of the orange card, and the bottom right of the multicolour card.  They don't show in the photo too well, but in person they are a really nice finishing touch. 

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase anything through my online shop, please click on the pictures below.  And if you'd like to join my team of Absolutely Awesome Crafters, email me - I'd love to have a chat with you about it.  If you contact me before 31 March, you'll get an amazing deal!

Take care,
Andrea





Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig