Wednesday 28 February 2018

Celebrate You

I this card for someone at work who has worked as a nurse for 50 years.  She has spent many years shaping policy and teaching student nurses and she's the most amazing person.  I wanted to make a card that celebrated her passion and zest for life.  I chose to do that with bold colours and some glitter paper!

Although I opened the Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper a while ago, I've only really just started using it.  I love the photographs on one side of the paper and the really lovely patterns on the other.

This is a standard New Zealand card size - I started with a piece of Berry Burst cardstock that was 21cm x 14.9cm, and scored the long side at 10.5cm.

I then cut a piece of Powder Pink cardstock into a square (you can do this whatever size is right for the front of your card). I cut a piece of Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper that was 5ml smaller than the Powder Pink 

The striped piece of paper is from the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper - this is 14.9cm x 4.5cm.

I then broke out my Celebrate You thinlits dies.  This is a Sale-a-bration Level Two reward, and it is beautiful. I used the Silver Glimmer Paper for the word 'You' - this appeals completely to my generally rather reserved use of bling!

I used Memento Black ink to stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White Cardstock - and I would have then used my Banner Triple Punch to cut the end, however I couldn't find it!  I therefore cut that piece by hand. The sentiment comes from the Celebrate You stamp set, which is also a Sale-a-bration reward set. I love the font they've used on this set.

Once I put it all together, using Snail adhesive, I was done.  I'm pleased to say it got lots of positive comments when I gave it to the guest of honour!

Clearly my next task is to do some tidying up - it's a tad embarrassing to admit I can't find a punch that I use relatively regularly, so I plan to rectify that over the next couple of days.  Wish me luck!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of the products I've used today, please click on the pictures and you'll be taken straight to my online shop.  I've even included the Banner Triple Punch in case you're interested!  Alternatively you can always email your order to me and I'll do the entering.  My email is stamps.andrea@gmail.com, and I would love to hear from you!

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig