Sunday 1 April 2018

Hope Your Day is Magical - #TGIFC153 Bonus Week!

This is my entry into #TGIFC153 - Bonus Week - Anything Goes! That's the type of challenge I can rise to!




I'm embarrassed to admit that I received this stamp set 6 months ago at On Stage (which is a 6 monthly meeting of demonstrators that Stampin' Up! runs all around the world) - and this is the first time I've inked it up.  It won't be the last though!

Granted - I need to work on my colouring skills a little, but I really enjoyed making this card. I know you can't see it in the photo, but there is even some Wink of Stella on the card (which I have been forgetting to use for the longest time).



I showed my 11 and 8 year old sons this card, and they were rather excited - this is the type of card you can make for all our friends this year - thanks Mum!


I've decided to play with slightly larger borders for a while.  Sometimes I've been finding that my mats are so narrow you kind of miss the colour at all, while here the Tranquil Tide is quite noticeable.

There are really very few 'ingredients' in this card recipe. I started with Basic Black cardstock, cut to the usual New Zealand card size (measurements below). Then a mat of Tranquil Tide and the card front of Very Vanilla. All the stamping was done in Tuxedo Memento ink, and I used the Magical Day stamp set.

I then coloured the images in using the Water Colour Pencils, and used a blender pen to try and make it look more like a watercolour job.  As I said above, I do need to work on my colouring skills, but overall I like how it turned out.  And in case you're wondering, I used the Wink of Stella on the fire the dragon has breathed toward our fearless guard.

Both my sons have quite a few friends, so I guess I'm going to be getting quite a lot of practice with this kind of card over the next few months!

Measurements
Basic Black cardstock - 10.5cm x 14.9cm
Tranquil Tide cardstock - 9.5cm x 13.9cm
Very Vanilla cardstock - 8.5cm x 12.9cm

If you live in New Zealand, and would like to purchase any of the products I've used to make this card, please click on the pictures below, and you'll go straight to my online store.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter, and that you get some of the peace of the season.

Take care,
Andrea



Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig