Wednesday 11 April 2018

Waterfront class

Hi!  Thank you for stopping by my blog. Feel free to sign up to my blog if you like my style!

I had a class last night, and over the next three days I plan to show you what we made. I started with a class of 7 which is my usual number, but three people ended up not being able to make it.  So it was a cozy class of 4, and I tell you what - with the cards I chose, I'm really glad it was only 4 people.  We would have been there until midnight if all 7 had been there!  Mental note to self...buy more clear blocks so more people can do things at once.

Here's the first card we made:


This is cased from StampingMom.com  Now having seen so many amazing projects come from this stamp set, I was looking for something fairly simple for my first card.  This project showcases the loveliness of this set.  With this sentiment it can be a card of encouragement, but change the sentiment and it'd be suitable for a birthday card (for a guy or girl), or even a sympathy card.

So I started with a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock, which is the standard card size here in New Zealand. 

I then stamped the sentiment all around the edge of the card in Tempting Turquoise ink (stamped off once).  This didn't have to be straight or perfect - it's there to add texture.  Next I stamped the sentiment on a piece of scrap cardstock, and punched the end with the Triple Banner Punch.  I love the banner finish - so versatile.

I then started on the picture.  Almost all the stamps were stamped off first.  I started with the hills in Soft Suede, and then moved to the grass area in Garden Green.  I then stamped the water in Tempting Turquoise, and stamped the second water shape without stamping off.  Next were the trees, in Old Olive, and the sun in Pumpkin Pie. I then used the dots with Tempting Turquoise, without stamping off.

And you're done with the picture, so now you just piece it together.  I put a piece of paper on the inside as well so it's a bit easier to write on than the blue card. 

It'd be great if you like this card to leave me a comment...I've said it before and I'll say it again - comments are like a hug to the blogger!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of the products I've used in this project, please click on the pictures below. You'll be taken straight to my online shop, where you can purchase products.

Thank you again for stopping by - it's lots of fun knowing people have been reading what I write!

Take care, and if you're in New Zealand I hope you're warm and dry.  We've got storms and ice-cold conditions up and down the country (a little unusual for the second month of autumn!)
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig