Sunday 15 April 2018

Thank you cards

Thank you for stopping by!

I know my last blog said that I would be away for a few days - well, things change, don't they?  One of our cats (we have two) was limping really badly last week, and we made a vets appointment for him. Despite searching in the rain around our house for over an hour, I couldn't find him, so couldn't take him to the vet.

Two days later (yesterday) I finally found him and he's actually quite sick. He's been given antibiotics, so he should feel better soon, but he needed to stay indoors for 2 days. It felt really unfair to ask the neighbour who was feeding him to keep an eye on him, so my husband and two sons are away at the bach, and I'm at home alone...crafting!  Hopefully the cat feels heaps better tomorrow, and I can join them for a slightly shorter time away!

My crafting today has lead to this:

CASE'd (Copy and Share Everything) from melscardcorner.com, except her background was stronger than mine.

Both the stamp sets I've used on this card are retiring at the end of May, so I want to get plenty of use out of them before they go.

I started with a standard NZ card front size (14.9cm x 10.5cm) in Real Red card stock, then a black layer measuring 14.4cm x 10cm, then the Whisper White card front measuring 13.9cm x 9.5cm.

Next I made myself a template so I could sponge in the middle of the piece of Whisper White cardstock, and not get any ink on the outside.  I sponged the top piece in Real Red, 'stamped off' the sponge until only a hint of colour remained.  Next I sponged Pumpkin Pie, again stamping off the sponge, and I finished with Daffodil Delight, not stamped off to the same extent as it's a much lighter colour.

Then to add some texture to the colour panel, while the masking template was still on the card, I stamped the writing background from Background Bits in Smoky Slate.  Next I stamped in Black Memento ink the sentiment and the flowers.

I hope you enjoy this card, and can perhaps see yourself making something similar from products you have at home. If you would like to purchase any of these products from me (and you live in New Zealand), please click on the pictures below and you'll go straight to my online store.

If your wish list is a little overwhelming to you, then consider joining Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator. You will get $285 worth of product from the current catalogues, plus around $90 worth of business supplies, for only $189.  Check my 'Join My Team' page at the top of the page - the Absolutely Awesome Crafters Team would love to have you join us!

While I've been typing this, my sick cat has eaten the first food of the day (it's 11pm at the moment), and he's come over to me for some loves for the first time.  Woo Hoo - I think he's turned a corner!

See you again soon!
Andrea 

Munro is feeling better!


Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig