Monday 16 April 2018

Sympathy Card

Thank you for stopping at my blog!

I like to have a collection of Sympathy Cards made up as when I need one I generally don't feel that creative.

I've taken an idea from yesterday's blog (which was CASE'd from melscardcorner.com) (CASE'd meaning copy and share everything), and altered it slightly.

Here's the card:

The stamp sets I've used here are retiring ones - Thoughts and Prayers and Background Bits.  I've left them sitting on my shelf for too long unused (or hardly used), and it's time to get the most out of them before they retire. Of course, I can keep using them after they retire, however as a Demonstrator, I don't want to be showing you how to make something out of a set you can no longer purchase.

As you can see, I started with a Whisper White standard NZ size card base, a layer of Basic Black cardstock, then the card front out of Whisper White.

I cut a template out of a scrap piece of card - I used the largest Circle Stitched Shape framelit for my circle.  One thing to note - I had my template slightly smaller than my card front layer as I wanted to be able to hold the cardfront in place. If you do this, just make sure you cover up all the areas on the cardfront layer that peek out - this was card number three for me as the colour kept ending up where I didn't want it!

I then sponged from top to bottom. At the top is Real Red.  I took most of the ink off the sponge as I wanted a hint of colour rather than a strong colour.  I did the same with the next two colours, which were Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry. 

I then stamped the 'writing' from Background Bits while the masking template was still on it. I find this set a little difficult to stamp repeatedly, but I found if I lined the top of the stamp up with the very bottom of the second-to-last line of the writing, it appears to be evenly spaced. 

Then I removed the mask, and stamped the tree from Thoughts and Prayers in Memento Black, and the sentiment.

I adhered all the layers using the SNAIL, and the card was complete.

If you read my blog yesterday, you'll know that I have a sick cat - I'm pleased to report that he has been eating, using the litter tray and is moving around more today - a big improvement!

If you live in NZ and would like to purchase any of the products I've used to make this card, please click on the pictures below and you'll go straight to my online store. 



Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig