Wednesday 4 April 2018

Painted With Love

I'm getting excited now! I'm lucky enough to be attending OnStage on Saturday in Auckland (I live in Christchurch).  OnStage is the Stampin' Up! twice yearly conference/convention for Demonstrators.  It is so much fun, and we'll get to see the new catalogue before anyone else! No sharing though...not until the middle of May.  But I am very excited. We also get spoilt while we're there, and I do love being spoilt!

I saw some cards today on Pinterest with the Painted with Love Designer Series Paper, and it inspired me to use it on my card tonight.  This card was inspired in particular by one that Terri Gaines has on her blog www.createwithterrigaines.com, but I changed it up just a little.



Don't you just love all the rich, bold colours in that paper? It doesn't photograph as rich as it looks in real life - if you haven't tried it yet, I really recommend it.  

I started here with a piece of Powder Pink cardstock, that was 14.9cm x 10.5cm, then I cut a piece of the Painted With Love Designer Series Paper that was 14.4cm x 10cm.  As an aside, this Designer Series Paper is really thick - it's almost more like card itself.  It lends itself very well to making 3D items such as boxes and bags.

Back to the task at hand!  Next I stamped the Stylised Birthday stamp on Powder Pink cardstock.  I used Calypso Coral as the ink.  Next I cut out the stamped image using the Stitched Framelits (if you look closely, you can see the detailing around the outside of the square - it looks like stitching (but it is oh so much simpler).  Then I cut a scalloped square out of Calypso Coral cardstock.  I used the Layering Squares for this.

I then adhered everything where I wanted it, and the rest is history! This is a card I would be proud to give anyone!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of the items I've used to make this card, please click on the pictures below, and it will take you straight to my online shop.

I hope you enjoyed tonights project. If you did, I'd love it if you left me a comment - bloggers love getting comments!

Take care,
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig