Monday 30 April 2018

Perennial Birthday

I've only just purchased this stamp set - I completely overlooked it in the Occasions Catalogue, however I've been seeing lots of really cool projects made with it.  It's actually designed to be part of a kit (that is only available until the end of May), however it is available in the new catalogue, and it works really nicely as a stand alone set.

Here's the card I made today with this set.  This was inspired by a card by Victoria Littlewood that I saw on the Pootles craft forum.



This card looks deceptively easy to make - however I soon learned there was more to it than met the eye!

I started with a standard NZ card base (14.9 x 10.5cm), and cut a mat of Berry Burst that measured 13.9 x 9.5cm.  My next step was to cut a piece of Whisper White for the card front - this measured 12.9 x 8.5cm.

Next I used Memento Black ink to stamp the Stylised Birthday stamp - I can't quite believe that this is retiring as it is a fantastic stamp that I have used heaps.  Ok - so this part was all good so far.  Then I inked up the flower stamp from the Perennial Birthday stamp set, and all did not go so smoothly!

I don't have much experience in using smaller stamps.  It took 4 attempts for me to make one that didn't have an outline of the stamp somewhere on the front. In the end I went for the smallest block that fitted the image (in this case it was the 'A' size clear block), and I checked it in minute detail after each inking.  If I had gotten any ink on the base of the stamp at all (rather than just the raised image), I cleaned it off and started again.  It took a while, but I eventually got a mistake free card front!

I coloured the flowers in using the Dark Pink Pirouette blend pen - it goes perfectly with the Berry Burst that I stamped the flowers in.

Finally, fourth time lucky, I had a card I would be happy to send someone!

I'm going to offer a special offer to New Zealand Residents only.  

The Perennial Birthday Kit costs $54.00. For that you get a gorgeous wooden box, components for making 16 cards, tabbed dividers and more.  If you want to purchase this, you also need to purchase the Perennial Birthday stamp set that goes with it ($46) in order to be able to make the cards.



If you would like though, I'll sell you the kit alone for $60, and I'll make up the kit for you and post it to you for an extra $7 (or you can pick it up if you live in Christchurch), and you don't have to buy the stamp set.

You've only got until the end of May to grab this deal (or until stocks run out).  It's a gorgeous kit, and you could even think of giving it as a gift.  I know if someone gave me a beautiful box with 16 ready made cards I'd be extremely happy!  Email me by clicking here if you're interested.

If you'd like to purchase any of the products I've used tonight to make this card, or if you'd like to purchase the kit, please click on the pictures below to go to my online store.

Stay warm and dry if you're in New Zealand, and I hope you enjoy your Tuesday.

Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig