Friday 27 April 2018

A non-hobby way to use your washi tape

Hi there!
Thank you for stopping by. Today I'm going to share with you how I use washi tape in a totally non card making or scrapbooking way.

In my 'other job', I used to use a diary, but I found I sometimes only wanted to write a tiny amount on a particular day, and other days I wanted 3 pages worth of notes. So I changed to a notebook, however it didn't quite meet my needs. I meet with a number of people regularly.  I always found myself going through my notebook looking for the little notes I'd written myself that I needed to mention next time I was talking to a particular person. It felt unprofessional, time wasting and awkward.  So I put my thinking cap on, and came up with this:
 
                           





 
     
All I did was run a piece of washi up the outer side of some of my notebook pages - took approx 2 minutes per page (things have to be straight and even for me, or I'd have to throw the notebook out!).  It would probably only take a sensible person 30 seconds per page.

Now, whenever anything comes up that I know I have to discuss with a specific person, or put on a specific meeting agenda, I can find my page quickly (it doesn't take long to memorise which washi you've used for which page), and voila! Information captured in a place where it is really easy to find later.

The first time I did this I only did one page per person/meeting.  It wasn't a problem if I filled that page, as I was able to take the next blank page and put the same washi on it as last time, and I still had a set place to document my topics.

The next time I set up a new notebook, I put several pages aside for those I meet with often, or have a lot to bring up when I meet with them, but the principle is still the same.

My manager always asks when I start a new notebook what colour her new washi tape is!

If you find this idea useful, please feel free to copy and share!

Take care,
Andrea

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig