Tuesday 17 October 2017

Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights


Thanks for coming to my blog today! We are being highlighted internationally by Kylie Bertucci and you are able to VOTE for my project. The top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop so please vote for my project. You can do that here - 
http://bit.ly/OctoberHighlightsVoteforMeHere

Our theme for this highlight is Changes in life. Retiring, new baby, new home, new job, leaving a job, wedding... Major things happen in people's lives.  We can use what we do to make a difference in people's lives - we can let our friends and family know that we are thinking of them during the major changes in their lives.

Here is my entry:

I made the picture really large as I wanted you to be able to see the sentiments, which are quite small.

I have seen this doily dress in various places over the last few years, and I love it.  This is the first time I have made one though.  I was pleasantly surprised by just how easy it was.

The Berry Burst card is the standard South Pacific size - 14.9cm x 21cm, folded along the 10.5cm score line.

The Whisper White Cardstock is then used as a mat - 14.4cm x 10cm. Another piece of Berry Burst was used as the card front - 13.9cm x 9.5cm.

Before adhering the card together, I folded the doily.  I can't think of a way to write it, so here I add quite a few pictures (along with a few words)

First you fold the doily not quite in half.  I thought it was kind of like '11 o'clock and 4 o'clock'

Next you fold it around one third over, and adhere. You end up with a shape like this:

Now you need to fold the tip over and adhere it at the back.  I kept a top piece that was around 3cm in length.  


Now to cut out the bodice.

I cut out a heart (using the smallest size of the Sweet & Sassy framelits in this shape (there are two shapes of hearts in this set, the other shape is more like a 'sweetheart' heart.  This part of the dress is a single layer only, so I used a piece of Whisper White cardstock behind it.

Next I cut the bodice into the shape I wanted it.

Here you have it - the dress shape!  Now you just need to accessorise!

I cut two thin pieces of Berry Burst Cardstock approximately 5cm long.  I folded one carefully around as a waistband (adhering it at the back).

The other piece I folded over the waistband, and placed a Pearl over it as well.  3 more pearls on the bodice finished off the dress.

Now I adhere it to the piece of Berry Burst that is the card front, adhere the mats, and the card is complete.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I just completed a 10,000 word essay!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Make sure you head over to Kylie's blog - 
http://bit.ly/OctoberHighlightsVoteforMeHere to vote for my project. I would love to be chosen to do an international blog hop.

If you live in New Zealand, and would like to purchase any of the items I've mentioned here today, please click on the photos below. Shopping made easy!






Product List
Berry Burst A4 Cardstock
$17.00
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
$19.25
Delicate White Doilies
$6.50
Pearl Basic Jewels
$10.75
Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies
$69.00
Teeny Tiny Sentiments Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$62.00
Stampin' Trimmer
$60.00
Big Shot
$190.00
Big Shot Magnetic Platform
$84.00
SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
$12.00
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thank you for the very clear instructions - what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute little dress & a very clear, easy to follow tutorial. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea, I love it, the card is truly gorgeous. Thank you so much for the very clear instructions of making the doily dress, so easy to flow, i think I will give the dress a go now.

    Cheers from Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine - so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig