Tuesday 31 October 2017

Global Design Project 111 #GDP111

The theme of the Global Design Project Challenge #GDP111 this week is the theme of family time - what makes you think of time with family?  

This is my entry:

You may well ask how on earth this reminds me of family.  Stay with me here - this is my story.

In our back yard, my husband planted a flowering cherry tree 13 years ago.  It was a spindly little thing, but he convinced me it would grow and be our shade in the heat of summer.  Go figure, he was right!  So we now have this amazing tree that provides shelter when we need it to, and we have a hammock set up under it, and when it is in flower, it is simply magnificent. 

On my card, the piece of Old Olive Colour Theory Designer Series Paper is in place of the actual flowering cherry tree. The flowers need no translation, and the chair is my  version of the hammock.

On a beautiful spring day, I feel at peace in the garden when it all comes together, hence my card.

The other thing about my family is that we are far from perfect...like all families we get grumpy with each other, and we rattle each others' cages. This card also has a couple of mistakes on it which I'm not going to point out, but if you do note them, know that they are also what reminds me about our family on this card.

I used Thick Whisper White for the card base, then Old Olive cardstock for the mat, then regular Whisper White for the card front. The flowers were stamped in Berry Burst, and I coloured the stamens of the flowers with the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend. The sentiment and scaffolding of the chair are in Basic Black, and we won't talk about the colour of the seat part of the chair! I used the SNAIL as my adhesive throughout the whole card

If you live in New Zealand, and would like to purchase any of the products I used to make this card, please click on the photos below and you will go straight to my online shop.

Please click here to return to the Global Design Project Challenge page.

Product List
Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock
$15.00
Old Olive A4 Card Stock
$17.00
Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack
$21.25
Berry Burst Classic Stampin' Pad
$14.00
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
$15.00
SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
$12.00
Colorful Seasons Photopolymer Stamp Set
$57.00
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Andrea, this is a great card and such a good reminder to step back and relax a little with family. Thanks for joining us this week on Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card that bring the reminder to spend time with your family and "just breathe". Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig