Friday 27 October 2017

3" x 3" Christmas Cards

3" x 3" Christmas cards - there are endless varieties to what you can do with these.  I've made up one example here, using an Annual Catalogue Christmas set.  This was easily my favourite Christmas bundle from the Holiday's catalogue last year.  I was thrilled to see it in the Annual Catalogue!

I started with a Whisper White card, measuring 3" x 3".  I then cut a mat out of Real Red Cardstock that was 2 7/8" x 2 7/8", then the card front out of Whisper White that was 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".

I stamped the star pattern (from the Star of Light stamp set) in Real Red ink, stamped off once. I then stamped the sentiment (Teeny Tiny Sentiments) in Basic Black.

Next I cut out the star, done in Red Glimmer Paper, and I used the Starlight Thinlits Dies. I found I got the best result if I passed the die through the Big Shot 4 times. This star was not the easiest to get out of the die, so I employed my Big Shot Die Brush.  This little gizmo saves heaps of time, and lets you get the star out with the least fuss.

I then placed an 'artfully arranged' piece of Gold Metallic Thread behind the star.  I found this a little difficult to place, but I used the SNAIL adhesive to apply adhesive to the back of the star, then I used that to adhere the thread in place. Then I adhered the layers to the card base, and I was done.
 

I then put another card front on top of one of the new Mini Pizza Boxes - available in the current Holiday Catalogue. I'm going to put 4 cards (all the same) in the box, so people can see what's in the box before opening it.  A lovely gift to give someone, or a lovely wee item to sell at the market.




They are just so cute - 3 x 3 envelopes in Whisper White. They fit nicely in the Mini Pizza Boxes.

Thank you for reading my blog! I'd love if you'd leave me a comment - and let me know if there is anything you'd like to read about in the future.

If you live in New Zealand and would like to buy any of these lovely products, please click on the photos below. They'll take you straight to my online shop, and you can shop to your heart's content.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Product List
Real Red A4 Card Stock
$17.00
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
$19.25
Star Of Light Photopolymer Stamp Set
$55.00
Teeny Tiny Sentiments
$78.00
Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
$14.00
Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
$15.00
Starlight Thinlits Dies
$59.00
Red Glimmer Paper
$10.75
Big Shot Die Brush - New Configuration
$26.25
Gold Metallic Thread
$6.50
Mini Pizza Boxes
$12.00
Whisper White 3" X 3" (7.6 X 7.6 Cm) Envelopes
$19.00
Stampin' Trimmer
$60.00
SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
$12.00
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig