Monday 28 May 2018

Delightfully Detailed with Colour!

Good evening! Here in Christchurch, New Zealand it's a cold cold evening.  Both my sons (aged 11 and 9) have been outside for the evening at their respective scout meetings - I'm happily inside wrapped up warmly!

I saw this idea on a Facebook page - I didn't make a note of who's idea it was sorry, but it does open up a whole new realm of possibilities!



This was a little fiddly to put together, due to the colouring, but I love the effect!

What I've done here is colour one of the panels from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Paper.  I used Blends. My initial idea was to try and do some shading.  You can see that a little on the yellow flowers (and in real life you can see it on the pale pink flowers as well).  I tried it on the leaves, however it didn't work the way I wanted it to, so I just darkened all the leaves. 

I felt it needed colouring around the frame of the panel as well, so I used the Ivory Blend to do that.

Next I sponged the back of the piece of Detailed Paper with Liquid Multipurpose glue, and adhered it to the black cardstock.  I think I need to experiment with this some more, as I find the sponging quite difficult - one area adheres to the backing paper before I've got it all covered.  I saw someone on Facebook say they used the Silicone mat when gluing, as the paper doesn't stick to it...guess what's going on my next order!?

I chose not to put a sentiment on this card as I didn't want to hide any of the detail.  So it's a card for any occasion!

I hope you enjoyed this card - I certainly enjoyed making it!

Take care,
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig