Saturday 19 May 2018

Tranquil Textures

Thank you for stopping by!

The brand new Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Textures is just beautiful.  This will be available to buy from 1 June (only 13 days away!)

I chose to do this card as I think it showcases the paper really well



This paper uses colours like Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide, Fresh Fig and heaps more.

I chose to make the card base from Tranquil Tide Cardstock, and used a Basic Black layer.  I used Tranquil Tide underneath the paper again.

The Tailored Tag punch was easy to use to make that distinctive shape.  It's carrying over to the new catalogue, so I'm a happy stamper!

I find placing things so carefully on the cardstock quite stressful, so I made it slightly easier on myself and took the paper out to the very edge of the card.  I just couldn't figure out how to do it to have a 'frame' around the outside, and I decided the Basic Black layer was acting as a frame.

Then came the sentiment.  This really was tricky.  Masking is something I find quite hard, and this took heaps of masking.  Here's what the sentiment looks like if you stamp it normally:

I was very lucky to get this stamp set at the latest Stampin' Up! Convention (called OnStage) - it's called Around the Corner, and as you can see, it's designed to go around the corner of your project.  It took me numerous tries to get it in a straight line.  I really must practise my masking!

If you're looking at this post before the 1 June, you won't be able to purchase the paper or the stamp set early.  The stamp set isn't available yet to even demonstrators (unless you were at OnStage), so I can't put the picture below.  After 1 June though, if you click on the pictures below, you'll be able to shop for these products.

As I type, the pre-wedding show is on television (Prince Harry marrying Megan Markle).  I must go, as I don't want to miss that first glance of the dress!

Have a happy Sunday!

Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig