Sunday 13 May 2018

Graceful Glass

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog!

Well, here in New Zealand today it was cold and drizzly - and both my sons went on separate sleepovers last night!  The reason I mention this is because we had two very tired children today, and we let them watch an awful lot of television! This meant I had time to sit down and do some colouring with my Stampin' Up! Blends,

I coloured each of the panels on a sheet of the new Graceful Glass Designer Series Paper, which is actually a vellum!  I played with my technique a little as I'm brand new to colouring on vellum, however nothing I did (or didn't do) made much difference.  As long as I coloured on the back of the vellum, it came out looking great.



There are heaps of different patterns in this pack, and I chose one that had four panels on it.  I chose to colour only the panel, there was decoration between the panels, but I discarded that on this occasion.  I did attempt to do some shading, but it didn't show up in these photos.

Once I had coloured all of them in, I carefully cut each panel out.  I think I should have left them in one piece, however I'll talk more about that later on.


The Irises on this panel are just beautiful.  I also really liked that there was a little less busy-ness in this panel.  Once I had cut all the panels out, I then cut Whisper White cardstock to the same size.  I then used a sponge to sponge some Liquid Multipurpose Glue to the back of the vellum, and adhered the vellum to the cardstock.


The reason I sponged the glue on the back of the vellum was that it can be really difficult adhering vellum so that you can't see the adhesive under it.  This was perfect though, as you can't see it at all.  What I would say though is that when I put the glue straight on the vellum, it made the vellum curl, which I then found harder to use.  After that I put the glue on the piece of cardstock - exact same outcome, but I found it easier to manage.



Next time I undertake a task like this, I'm going to adhere the whole sheet to cardstock, then cut it up once the glue is dry.  I don't necessarily think it's going to look any different, I would have just found it easier.

Once I had completed that, i prepared my Basic Black cardstock and I picked the main colour I had used in the flower to be the card front coloured layer.  I really liked how that pulled it all together. I stamped the crosses in the same colour as the cardstock, and the crosses are from the same stamp set as the sentiment.

Next I stamped the sentiment (from the new Stitched All Around stamp set, which is in the new Annual Catalogue which is released to customers on 1 June 2018) Then...wait for it...I cut it out using a new set of framelits called Stitched Labels - you can't see it properly on these photos, but there is a line of 'stitching' around all of the detail on this label! I then adhered it all together, and used dimensionals to put the sentiment on with.

I took my time with the colouring, partly because I am a slow colourer anyway, and partly because I had some time today.  Once I had done that though, the cards were really quick to make.

If you like the thought of getting products earlier than customers can get them (demonstrators get access to some products a month earlier than customers do), the go to the 'Join My Team' tab at the top of the page, and if you want to know more, drop me a line and we can chat about it.

If you'd like to purchase any of the products I've used to make today's project, please click on the photos below and you'll go straight to my online store.

Take care,
Andrea


Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig