Thursday 28 June 2018

Tufted Embossing Folder done three ways

Good evening!  Thank you for stopping by.

Today I decided to put my brand new Tufted Embossing Folder to good use. I had an idea of a different way I could use it, so I did some experimenting.

Here's my first card - the embossing on the Crumb Cake card stock is quite subtle, and I couldn't photograph it very well.  The embossing is over the entire card, but the photo only shows it over the top part.



As you can see, it's very subtle.  In real life, it's kind of like a quilting affect. 

The flower stamp is from the Love What You Do stamp set, stamped in Memento Black Ink.  I then coloured the flowers in using Stampin' Blends.  I cut the flower out using the Stitched Shapes framelits, and the Layered Oval dies.  

The first thing I did was to colour each of the lines of the quilting - to do this I folded the Crumb Cake card stock on each line, then sponged Early Espresso ink on both sides of the line.  I did this over the whole card.  

After that I adhered sequins to each of the intersections.


This is the outcome.  I like this look, however because I was quite picky about what colour sequins I wanted, picking those out and then sticking them in place (using the Fine Tip Glue) was a very long process.

So I thought about it again, and tried something a little different.

What if I embossed each intersection with Copper Embossing Folder?  It would be quicker (wouldn't it?) and it might look just as good.

Erm - no!


Ok - let's be honest, it kind of looks like it might have a very uniform case of Chicken Pox!  I didn't have anything like a tiny dauber I could put the Versamark on with (pre the Embossing Powder), so I used a tiny paint brush I found at home. The problem with that (for me) is that the dots then aren't a uniform size or shape.  It also took at least the same amount of time to emboss these than it did to do the sequins.

It perhaps looks slightly better in real life, as you can see the quilting affect of the embossing folder, however I won't be sending this particular card to anyone!

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only crafter to make this sort of mistake - and I really do think I learned from this.  I also still quite like the sequinned card.

I promise to use the tufted folder again, hopefully to better affect!

If you would like a complimentry copy of the current Stampin' Up! Catalogue, please email me here (if you live in New Zealand), and I would love to be your demonstrator.

Clicking on the picutres below will take you to my online store, where you can have a look at all the Stampin' Up! products, and you can shop at whatever hour suits you best (this is only open to those who live in New Zealand)

Take care, and I hope your Friday runs smoothly

Andrea


Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig