Friday 22 June 2018

Any Occasion Card

Hi there, thank you for stopping by!

I watched a video yesterday talking about how to colour with the Blends, and I wanted to put my learnings to practice.

This is the card I made



The cardstock I used is Lemon Lime Twist - I love how fresh and bright it looked.  And it was ideal for my experiment.  The stamp set is Perennial Birthday. The only green Blends I have so far is the Light and Dark Old Olive ones.  They wouldn't really go too well with the Lemon Lime Twist, but first I coloured the leaves with the Light Daffodil Delight, then went over with the Light Old Olive.  It was still a little dark for me, so I went over it again with the Light Daffodil Delight.  I think the colour of the main leaves is amazing!

I used the Light Daffodil Delight again under the Light Pumpkin Pie that is on some of the flowers - I really like the more subtle tone that it made.

The other thing I did with these flowers, which you can't really see properly on the card, but which I think makes the colours pop a little more, is I went around each of the elements with Light Smoky Slate, and then lifted some of the colour with the Colour Lifter.  

Last time I showed my husband a card I'd made, he commented 'Why do you always put writing on your cards?'  And so, especially for Andrew, I made a card with no sentiment - so it can be used however the giver wants to use it.

If you live in New Zealand, and you would like to purchase any of the products I've used to make this card, please click on the pictures below and you'll go straight to my online store.

If you don't already have a demonstrator, I'd love to be your demonstrator!  Contact me here and I'll send you a complimentary copy of the new Stampin' Up! catalogue.

If you'd like to join my team of Absolutely Awesome Crafters, and be a demonstrator, contact me here and we can talk!

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig