Saturday 30 June 2018

Giving Animal Outing an Outing

I was so lucky to be given this stamp set at OnStage in April.  This is the first time I inked it up - and I've really enjoyed it!

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest for this creation, however I changed it up a little.  Unfortunately the link wasn't working, so I can't give credit.



I stamped the main card front on Whisper White cardstock.  I used Memento Black Ink, and then coloured with various Blends.  For the giraffe I used both light and dark Daffodil Delight Blends, and both dark and light Crumb cake. For the leaves I used both dark and light Old Olive, and for the frog I used light Daffodil Delight then layered light Old Olive over it.

The sentiment is stamped onto Crushed Curry, framed with Soft Suede Card Stock.  I used the very corner of the Every Day Label Punch to punch the corners.


This picture is a little wrong - let me explain.  The first time I did this, I cut the corners of the Crushed Curry cardstock, then separately cut the Soft Suede cardstock.  When I went to layer the two together, I found that the angles of the cutouts didn't match.  

My solution was to adhere the Crushed Curry (with the corners already punched out) onto the Soft Suede, then I could judge the angles better to cut out the corners.  My Soft Suede was only 3mm wider and longer than the Crushed Curry, as I wanted to have the layer quite close.

Once the sentiment was adhered to the card, I stamped the corner decoration from the set Around the Corner - this is another set I received free during OnStage!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of these items (or anything else) from Stampin' Up! please click on a picture below, and you'll be taken straight to my online store.

If you don't already have a demonstrator, I'm very happy to send you a complimentary copy of the current Annual Catalogue - this is only open to those who live in New Zealand.  Email me here with your address details.

Thanks for stopping by!

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig