Monday 25 September 2017

My first Christmas cards!



    Unbelievably, we're heading rapidly toward Christmas.  I can't believe it's September (end
    of September) already!  

    I love Christmas.  And when I say I love Christmas, I mean I really really love Christmas.  
    I love the colours, the smells, the traditions, the food, the giving of presents (and of 
    course the receiving of presents too!)

    I've been a bit slow off the mark when it comes to Christmas Cards this year, but I have a     swap organised with the Demonstrator Team I belong to, and so I had to make cards this 
    weekend.  A swap is a great way to get different ideas - it's an excellent perk to being a 
    Demonstrator.

    I tried my hand at a small card this time - 3" x 3" cards to be precise.





   I love these cards - simple and quick to put together, but very cute.

   I'm afraid my measurements move between inches and centimeters.  On the Stampin' Up!
   trimmer that's available here in New Zealand, it has both measurements on it, so it's easy
   to move between the two. 

   Whisper White Card Stock - 3" x 6", scored along the 3" line. 
   Real Red and Garden Green cardstock - 7.1cm x 7.1cm
   Designer Series Paper (I've used Be Merry from the Holiday Catalogue) 6.6cm x 5.6cm
   I embossed the paper using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder
   I then stamped the sentiment (from the Star of Light stamp set in the Annual Catalogue) in
   Basic Black ink.

   The star and tree are made from felt, and are called Stitched Felt Embellishments (on 
   page 5 of the Holiday Catalogue). These are just gorgeous, and there are 15 pieces of 3
   designs - the star, tree, and holly berries and leaves. Best of all they're only $19.00. I
   adhered these to the card using quite a lot of Tombow glue - and I left something heavy on
   them over night. Some one suggested after that Glue Dots miught have worked better - so
   you could try them first.

   These cards will perfectly fit the Pizza Boxes for sale in the Holiday Catalogue at the
   moment, and will also fit the 3" x 3" Whisper White envelopes in the same catalogue

   If you want to buy  any of these goodies through my online store, click here

   That's all for now, I'd love if you left a message to let me know what you think, and feel 
   free to share with your crafty friends!     


















 





















 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig