Sunday 17 September 2017

Dragonfly Dreams



I needed a quick and easy couple of cards to send - so I brought out a new favourite. This is a set that many other people have been using for quite some time - it first came out in the Occasions Catalogue at the beginning of 2017.  


I take my time deciding on new stamp sets, and I have to confess that dragonflies aren't my most favourite things.

I have discovered though after the last few months that cards made with the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlet Dies are among my favourite cards. So I bit the bullet and purchased a set for myself.

I made these two cards with it - exactly the same card, made in Tranquil Tide and Powder Pink.


 The dragonflies on the Tranquil Tide one photographed better than the Powder Pink one, but you can see how easy the two cards are to make.


I started with my regular card base - 14.9cm x 21cm, folded in half along the 10.5cm line.
The coloured mat was 14.4cm x 10cm.  The piece of Designer Series Paper - Whole Lot of Lovely was 13.9cm x 9.5cm. These are my standard mat sizes - I think they look good together and so I keep using them!

I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black on a piece of either Tranquil Tide or Powder Pink, and adhered all the bits together with Snail.  I even used the snail to adhere the dragonflies on - I find if I just put a tiny amount on the 'thicker' parts of the dragonflies, it's enough to hold them.

Two Rhinestone Basic Jewels on each body of each dragonfly provided the final piece of the puzzle, and rounded off two lovely, simple and elegant cards.

There you have it - two quick and easy cards that my friends will be thrilled to receive.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig