Friday 19 January 2018

Tailored Gentlemen

How often do you find yourself needing a card for a bloke, but finding you don't really have anything that will make more masculine cards?

Well - there's no excuse at the moment! Stampin' Up! have this gorgeous suite in their Occasions catalogue.  It's the True Gentleman suite, on pages 44 and 45 of the catalogue. Mine arrived today, and I just had to play with it.

My first card was this one - I have to say it took a lot longer to put together than I anticipated.



What I did was use the Tailored Tag punch to punch out the shapes above, and place them carefully on the card front. I wanted all the gaps to be approx the same size, and that's where I got a bit unstuck.  Still, I was basically happy with this one.

You can see the shape of the punch in the Whisper White Cardstock, and that's one of the stamps from the Truly Tailored stamp set.  You can get the stamp set and punch as a bundle, which will cost you less.

I started with a standard (NZ) size card in Night of Navy, then added the paper from the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper. Next I added some of the new ribbon, Night of Navy 3/8" (1cm) Corduroy Ribbon, and finished off the the Whisper White cardstock stamped with Night of Navy Ink.

The Corduroy ribbon is quite thick, and I found the best result was when I used double dimensionals on the tag, to get the tag to adhere to the card without bending.

And that's all there was to it! This set has a lot going for it, and I plan to play with it some more.  I'll make sure to show you how I get on!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to purchase any of the products I've used to make today's card, please click on the item name below and you'll go straight to my online shop. Leave a message if you like today's card - a message is like giving a blogger a hug!

Product List
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love what you chose to do with the punch... very clever and it looks amazing and such a great mans card �� Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lila - I really appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig