Thursday 2 November 2017

Christmas is still on my mind

How are you going with getting everything sorted for Christmas?  I'm trying to get a start on cards, although I know plenty of people are ready well before now.

I've taken a week off in early December, and that's my time to do everything apart from food shopping.  I'll spend a whole day present buying (I always go with a list) and then over the course of the week I'll get everything wrapped, find things that are harder to find, and hopefully I'll have some time for creating!

I found this card on Pinterest, however the person didn't have their name on it, so I can't give credit.  I changed it up just slightly, however it's very similar.



I've used a couple of elements for the first time this evening - let me tell you about them.

The Foil Snowflake is the major element of the card - these are gorgeous, and come in a pack of 24 - 12 silver and 12 gold. They are so easy to use and look great on a card. The other element is a little hard to see on this card, but there is an embellishment that is a stylised cross on the front under the sentiment.  These Year of Cheer embellishments come again in gold and silver, and in a couple of different shapes.  You get 24 embellishments, 6 each of two designs in both colours.

I haven't changed my style at all - this is still a really easy card to make. I used a standard card size in Tranquil Tide, then I cut out the card front slightly smaller in Whisper White card.  I used a piece of the Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper, and adhered that to the card front. After that I placed the Foil Snowflake onto the card, adhered with the SNAIL adhesive. I stamped the sentiment from the Snowflake Sentiment stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock, and used the Layering Circles Thinlits Dies to cut that out. I then adhered this on top of the Foil Snowflake. I then used Gold Metallic Thread to provide some interest underneath the cross embellishment, and I used a Mini Glue Dot to keep this in place..  Once the card front was complete, I adhered that to the base, and the card was finished.

I'm going to go back and make several of these as I can think of a number of people who would enjoy this card!

If you live in New Zealand and would like to buy any of the products I've used today, please just click on the photos below and you'll go straight to my shop.

If you'd like to join my team, then click here, then click on 'Join The Fun'

If you'd like to talk with me about the perks of becoming a demonstrator, feel free to email me on stamps.andrea@gmail.com

Product List
Tranquil Tide A4 Cardstock
$17.00
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
$19.25
Year Of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper
$27.75
Year Of Cheer Embellishments
$17.00
Foil Snowflakes
$12.00
Snowflake Sentiments Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$47.00
SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
$12.00
Glue Dots
$10.00
Gold Metallic Thread
$6.50
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig