Sunday 10 May 2020

Painted Poppy Meets Pool Party

I made this card to join in with the challenge that was on 'Inspire. Create. Challenge', and this week it was a sketch challenge.  This is the sketch that my card was based off.
I have very recently discovered the delights of using a sponge brayer to make an ombre look - see what I mean in the picture below


I've used Painted Poppy quite a lot lately, and I looked for another image to use here, but once again, Painted Poppy was what inspired me.

You can see here that I've used Basic Black and Whisper White Card Stock, and I've used Pool Party ink along with a sponge brayer to create the ombre effect.  It took me a couple of goes to get the ombre correct - I kept on ending up with clear demarkations of colour - then I finally figured it out.

I stamped the poppy with Memento ink, and used a Dauber colour the flower.  The sentiment is from the Very Versailles stamp set, and I founded the corners using the Detailed Trio Punch.  

And that was it - easy!




Product List

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Andrea xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig