Monday 2 April 2018

Sure Do Love You

This is another set that I have sorely neglected.  While this set lends itself particularly towards Valentines Day, it's fair to say that there are plenty of other opportunities to give someone a card that has hearts on it.  



In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a 'less is more' kind of crafter.  Really it's probably because I don't have the skill required to make embellishments look good (!) but I tell myself I'm just not into them.

I'm also not particularly into pink, however I love love love the pinks that are in the In Colours 2017-2019.  I've used two of them on the above card.

I started with Basic Black, Tranquil Tide, Very Vanilla cardstocks (measurements below), and then used a stamp from the Heart Happiness stamp set to do the hearts background in Powder Pink.

Next I stamped on the large heart shape from the Sure Do Love You stamp set, in Tranquil Tide ink. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of scrap Very Vanilla cardstock, then fussy cut it out.  I'm not great at fussy cutting, so I need to get some practice in!

The sentiment is adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, to give it that little bit of pop.  I used a Pearl Basic Jewel on each side of the sentiment.  Then I decided that you can have an attitude of 'less is more' but sometimes you just have to go a little further.  I used the Metallic Sequins to just add that little extra (adhered with the Fine Tip Glue)

You could give this card to a friend, a family member, anyone you love. It would be great as a 'just because' card.

Measurements
Black cardstock 14.9cm x 10.5cm
Tranquil Tide cardstock 13.9cm x 9.5cm
Very Vanilla cardstock 12.9cm x 8.5cm

I hope you had a peaceful Easter, filled with the things/people you love.  We caught up with my husbands cousin who we don't see often enough, so that was great. It's back to the day job tomorrow though - I mostly love my job, but it does cut into the crafting time somewhat!

Take care,
Andrea

Product List
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig